I was watching a video by psychologist Shawn Achor on TEDTalks and loved something he said that I'd like to share here:
There are ways we can train our brain to become more positive. If you spend 2 minutes of your time in the day and do the following things continuously for 3 weeks in a row, you can actually rewire your brain and allow it work more optimistically and more successfully.
• 3 Gratitudes: Three new things each day that you are grateful for. This way, your brain will start retaining the pattern of scanning the world not for the negative but for the positive first)
• Journaling: Journaling about one positive experience you have had over the past 24 hours allows your brain to relive it.
• Exercise: Exercise teaches your brain that your behavior matters.
• Meditation: Meditation allows your brain to focus on your task at hand.
• Random Acts of Kindness: Write or say something positive to someone, praising or thanking consciously.
Here's the entire video of his talk. A brilliant Harvard graduate, with great sense of humor, excellent communication and presentation skills, and so much knowledge to share. And he's an eye candy. *wink*
What are you views? Share with me in comments below.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Come connect with me! on: Facebook | Email | RSS | Twitter